We love our customers and we love great photography. We know that you are creative and talented people. Interior and furniture photography is hard to get right – we know this isn’t easy. We challenge you to pick up your camera and snap a few photographs of your Hardwood Artisans furniture, show off your talents and maybe win some prizes!
One Grand Prize will be awarded, plus a first prize winner in each of the following categories:
- Best Representation of the Furniture
- Most Beautiful Interior
- Best Photo Uploaded to our Facebook Page
- Owners Pick
- Best Bedroom Design
Prizes will be Hardwood Artisans gift certificates in the following amounts:
Grand Prize: $1,000
First Prize: $250 (five will be awarded)
Honorable Mention: Hardwood Artisans T-shirt (10 will be awarded)
The winners will be contacted and announced on Thursday, December 20th. They will be highlighted on our web site and in our newsletter. All photos are due by midnight on Sunday, December 16th – please see our complete rules for more information.
Photographs will be judged on their representation of Hardwood Artisans furniture along with composition, clarity, creativity, color, beauty and faithfulness to each category. We are open minded about this contest and excited to see what you can come up with! Horizontal or vertical formats are fine and feel free to include people or pets. We do not recommend the use of highly manipulative filters as they will distract from the natural beauty of the furniture.
1. All entries must be received in one of the showrooms, e-mailed in, or postmarked by midnight on Sunday, December 16th.
2. Photos must be submitted in a digital format (jpg or tiff please). A traditional print is more than welcome to accompany it. We believe that your photograph(s) deserves respect. We prefer to see them at their highest resolution. Photographs that are blurry, dark or too small will not be considered.
3. Entries can be submitted by email, regular mail, uploaded to our Facebook Fan page or dropped off on a CD or flash drive in one of our showrooms. Whichever form of entry you decide is right for you please include your name, phone number, mailing address, email address and category(s) with your submission(s). Pictures, CDs and flash drives will not be returned.
4. Entries uploaded to our Hardwood Artisans Facebook Fan page found at: http://www.facebook.com/HardwoodArtisans will be judged against each other to win a first place in that category and a $250 gift certificate. If you upload an image please also e-mail us a copy of the image with your information. We do not want you to put your personal information on Facebook.
5. Emailed entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will let you know when we receive an emailed photograph from you. Please put “Photo Contest” in the subject line and limit each email to a maximum of 8 MB. If you need to send multiple emails with all of your wonderful photographs please number each email out of the total being sent in the subject line. For example: Photo Contest 1 of 6, Photo Contest 2 of 6, etc).
6. Entries on a flash drive or CD should be dropped off in a showroom or mailed to Hardwood Artisans, Photo Contest, 21405 Business Ct. Elkwood, VA 22718. Please include a small printed thumbnail of all photos submitted. We will not send you confirmation of receiving your photograph(s) unless requested.
7. The highlight of your photo should be a piece of Hardwood Artisans furniture. Other furniture is allowed in the photograph to enhance the composition but we do not recommend for it to be the main focus.
8. Photos submitted must be of the entrant’s personal residence.
9. People or pets are allowed to be in the photos. For a photograph where a person is recognizable, you must have a model release form for the subject. Click here to download the model release form. In the case of a minor, please provide one from the person’s parent or guardian and supply it to Hardwood Artisans upon request.
10. Photos must be free of any copyright.
11. Entrants are limited to a maximum submission of 10 photographs.
12. Entrants will be awarded a maximum of 2 prizes.
13. Digitally or altered photographs that do not realistically represent the furniture will be disqualified. Any minor adjustments such as dodging and burning are acceptable.
14. Employees of Hardwood Artisans, their family members or their homes are ineligible to enter the contest.
15. By entering a photograph into our competition you grant Hardwood Artisans the nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free right to edit, publish or use such photograph in any of our promotional material or advertisements. No photographs will be returned.
16. By entering the contest you certify your acceptance of and adherence to the contest rules. Entries that do not comply with the rules will be disqualified.
17. If you have any questions please contact Julianne: Julianne@hardwoodartisans.com or call 540-423-3060.
We cannot wait to see your photos. Good luck!